Monday, July 23, 2012

Inspiration

Kind Word of the Week: Inspiration

For months now, I've been trying to come up with ways to contribute financially to my family. I've started some books and greeting cards. I tried to draw pictures. I researched work from home sites, considered direct marketing, and tried my hand at inventions- the list goes on. However,  nothing quite inspired me. If you listen to successful people and celebrities, they all say follow your passion. Well what if you don't really have one - then what? Sure there are some things I'm good at, but take on as a career - not so much. What I do love and care deeply about is my family, but I'm not going to exploit my kids.

At any rate, one day I was online bouncing between social media and various blogs. Each blog lead me to another and all the noise just compounded. Time and time again I came across gossip pages that just fuel our day-to-day lives. People talking about people and those being talked about trying to defend themselves. It disturbed me quite a bit, but I'm no angel, I feed into it as well and talk about reality stars among my friends and online and on rare occasions share a post.

That same day, my 3 year old daughter at the time was watching a cartoon when one of the characters told the other to "Shut Up!" (I know, right). She came to me and said, " Mommy it's not nice to say Shut Up, you should say Be Quiet". I emphatically agreed.

Thus my inspiration, create a space where words can build people up instead of tear them down. I also found that the common thread in my money making thoughts were all uplifting ideas and concepts. So why not market my positivity to the masses?

With that being said, if you aren't currently passionate about something, try to find inspiration in the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment